Friday, June 26, 2009

The Great Project



Ok, so I can't move the above picture, so it stays.

Alright, my mom decided to change up their house quite a bit, so I wanted to post some pictures so everyone could see the changes, its amazing! The above picture is the carpet. Needless to say, they are getting new carpet put in, well deserved too! All the paneling got taken down and drywall put up on all the walls. The ceilings were retextured, old carpet pulled up and everything PAINTED. That is what I helped with, the painting.


This was the gigantic load of garbage that we hauled out of the house. Oh, and this was just from the painting, that isn't even all the old paneling.

Just a quick photo of the living half way through the project. Yes, we forgot to take before pictures.
This is a view down the hall to the back door. Previously, wall paper, now, painted a light blue, can't remember the shade now, but they are going to put up bead board, I think it is going to look amazing!
View from Kitchen into the Living Room. Again, note the furniture. The fam was basically living in the kitchen and the upstairs.

View from the bathroom hallway into the former TV Room and Beau's room. Note the bare wood floors. We ripped up the carpet, LOTS of staples to remove. That was my job. yuck.

Mom's accent wall. Yes, it is purple, but much calmer than the purple she picked out first. The other one was more a royal purple, like UW purple. Yikes. But this looks really nice, the lighter color is also a light shade of purple, but it actually goes awesome together.

Another view of the bathroom hallway.

The new back door. It's an awesome door, Mom is especially excited about the shade inside the window. Neat.

Another view of the door from the outside. With my reflection.

Beau and I in the former TV room. He threw himself on me very unannounced. Love my lil bro. Ok, not so little, maybe just younger bro.

The TV room is now the piano room. Hmmm, with Jane gone who is going to play the piano? I guess just Callie.

The living room view into the kitchen. Also down to barewood waiting for the carpet.

Again, the living room.

And Beau's room. Wow, is that blue? It's a little bright, but when you are in there, it feels like you are on the beach looking at the ocean.

Well, a very time consuming project that isn't quite done yet, but the house is looking awesome and my mom is really excited!

1 comments:

em said...

Yay! You're right, your parents so deserve this! The floors in the living room look beautiful - I'm surprised they're not going to refinish them and keep them bare. I'm sure the carpet will look really good though! Props to you for tackling floor nails. Ugh!